Ngozi Stanley-Obi is a woman that had fought and won many battles; she’s a coach who teaches life’s strategy and how-to deal with the struggles that come with Job loss candidly.
This is a book written not out of the pretense of being a ‘superman’ when the chips are down; it teaches how to find hope in adversity, the place of believing in oneself, the avoidance of habits that plunges into despair and boredom, and the ultimate dependency on God. The copious wisdom are outlined with clarity and they are actionable. She touched the fundamental aspects of working and managing one’s emotion, physique, mental, financial and the spiritual during the experience of a Job loss.
Ngozi she has summarized the pain and the offers of the seed of greatness that comes with a job loss.
Partner, Natavi Consulting.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has postponed the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates, 2020 indefinitely.
This was confirmed in a statement released by WAEC Nigeria’s Head of National Office, Mr. Patrick Ehidiamen Areghan.
The statement stated that the examination scheduled to begin April 6, 2020, was postponed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The statement reads in part: “The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) in Nigeria, nay, the West African sub-region, has decided to put on hold the conduct of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination
“This is as a result of the impact of the novel and deadly Corona Virus pandemic (COVID-19) and the serious implications it has for the conduct of the WASSCE for school candidates, 2020, coupled with the anxieties it has generated among the populace.
“This decision is a demonstration of the organisation’s concern and support for the various protocols being put in place by the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria and the governments of the other member countries to check the spread of the disease.
Areghan noted that the timetable for the examination had been suspended and would be “reviewed once the health situation improves.”
Admissions and Matriculation Board has delisted 76 Computer-Based Test Centres
for various infractions during the recently concluded Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination, raising fears that results from those centres may be
announced the delisting just as it appointed a Senior Advocate of Nigeria to
prosecute about 100 persons allegedly involved in various malpractices during
the UTME that held between April 11 and 18.
Registrar, Prof. Is-haqOloyede, disclosed this on Friday in Abuja while
speaking on ‘Admissions into tertiary educational institutions in Nigeria’ at
the 23rd annual seminar of the Nigerian Academy of Education.
had on April 22 said no fewer than 100 UTME candidates were arrested nationwide
by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and the police.
speaking on Friday, narrated how some of the malpractices their Closed Circuit
Television Cameras caught exam cheats in some CBT centres, saying professional
writers hid in toilets and later replaced the UTME candidates who pretended
they went to the toilet to ease themselves.
registrar did not name the SAN leading the prosecution reportedly for security
reasons; he did not also state any day the 2019 UTME results would be released.
said, “When we were watching the clips, we called our staff to come and answer
questions. These were clips of people, our own staff, who did what was not
right. It (malpractice) is not just a matter of the past, it is still present.
“We see a
lot. But we have problems. If I were to be punishing every member of staff of
JAMB that is committing infractions, I will not focus on the assignment. I will
be going from one disciplinary committee to the other and my attention will be
we have no fewer than 100 in police cells across the country who were caught
for examination malpractices. I have appointed a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who
is a former solicitor-general to help me oversee all these so that the suspects
can be brought to book. My director of legal matters asked me, ‘what offences
should we charge these people for; for multiple registration?’ And I said, why
can’t we go to the Examination Malpractice Act? So, my problem has
started by having to draft the charges, despite the fact that we have evidence
registrar noted that the 76 delisted centres in 2019 were from a total of 741
registered centres, as against 22 delisted centres among 630 registered centres
added, “Another thing we saw was malpractices by substitution. A candidate did
biometric verification and came into the hall but a professional writer or
mercenary had hidden in the toilet. So the candidate would now stand up and
said he or she was going to the toilet, only for the professional writer to
come back from the toilet and replace him or her.
candidate will remain in the toilet. So our CCTV watchers from Abuja caught
that and said the person who went to the toilet was not the same person who
came back. And we quickly had to call the security operatives to pick up that
person. And they are saying I am a witch. They don’t know that it is technology
that is aiding us.” – Punch
Since the Academic Staff Union of Universities commenced its nationwide strike on November 5, 2018, at least six universities have pulled out of it and opened their doors to students.
When contacted, the ASUU President, Prof. BiodunOgunyemi, said the institutions that pulled out of the strike due to pressure from their vice-chancellors, or governing councils, would regret their actions in the future.
Ogunyemi said, “Those universities perceived as pulling out are certainly not against what we are asking for. Our members are in institutions like the ObafemiAwolowo University, which decided to work against us and deliberately sabotaged our efforts to reposition the universities.
“Those who said they do not agree with us are not against the funds for revitalisation that we are demanding. They are not against academic allowances or the payments of shortfalls that we ask for. They are not against fixing our universities.
“A lot of factors have to be considered when we talk about some universities pulling out. It is not that they actually mean to do so. Some intervening forces or variables may be at work. There are cases where vice-chancellors are overzealous, although they will be the greatest beneficiaries of what we are asking for. Some institutions were compelled by their governing councils to resume academic activities. In other situations, some governors or vice-chancellors deliberately created problems for us.
“Those vice-chancellors usually end up regretting their activities, but that does not stop us from resorting to our in-house procedure in dealing with chapters that pull out of national strikes. They will all be subjected to our in-house procedures.”
Ogunyemi also said that 90 per cent of the union’s members were still in support of the strike and they were not bothered about chapters that pulled out.
“Over 90 per cent of our members are still together and that is good enough for us because what we are doing now is a movement and those who fail to participate will regret their actions. They know that when the Federal Government releases funds for revitalisation, all public universities will be covered. The conscience of those who refused to participate in the strike will continue to prick them. Those who sabotaged us will have a moral burden and that is what we have always told them.
“If you go to state universities, many of the new projects you will see are technically being funded with capital funds from grants coming from NEEDs assessment and TETFund. If such universities are being forced to pull out, you will know that it is always against the wish of our members. We are not bothered,” he said. – Punch.